Blend Micro is a RedBearLab Arduino at Heart integrated development board, they have “blend”ed Arduino with Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy (aka BLE or Bluetooth Smart) into a single board. It is targeted for makers to develop low power Internet-Of-Things (IoT) projects quickly and easily.
The micro-controller unit (MCU) is Atmel ATmega32u4 and the BLE chip is Nordic nRF8001. Blend Micro runs as BLE peripheral role only, it allows BLE central role devices to establish connection with.
Current supported BLE central devices:
- iOS 7
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 5 (all models)
- iPod touch 5
- iPad 3/4/mini/Air
- Android 4.3 or above (4.4 recommended for stability) with Bluetooth 4.0 hardware support
- Nexus 4
- Nexus 7 (please report any other Android devices supported)
- Windows 8.1 with built-in Bluetooth 4.0 or USB dongle
- Mac OSX 10.9.2 with built-in Bluetooth 4.0 or USB dongle
- Linux with BlueZ 5.1 with built-in Bluetooth 4.0 or USB dongle
There are no reviews yet.